Need Help With Phone Pranksters

Article: 7410 of alt.hackers
From: twemling@infinet.com (T. E. Wemlinger)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Need Help With Phone Pranksters
Date: 17 Feb 1995 04:22:44 GMT

I am hoping someone on this group can help me figure out a way to deal
with some phone pranksters (kids) who have been leaving obscene messages
on my answering machine / voice mail. I have caller ID (but they are
naturally coming in as anonymous calls), and I just signed up for call
return on a trial basis. Is there any way I can find out what number
these calls are being made from? Anyone got any other good suggestions?

ObHack:

After installing WordPerfect 5.1 on our network, I created a startup
batch file which would first change to the individual user's private
directory (specified in his/her logon profile); however, I found that
WP would not accept only a drive letter as a default path -- it would
append the default directory if none was specified. Since I needed to
set the default to drive G: (no path) so that it would default to the
user's private directory on this drive, I first set it to G:\, then
removed the backslash with a binary editor.

Tom Wemlinger
twemling@infinet.com
GAT d(-d+) H s-:+>-:- g+++ p? au+ a+>- w@ v++ C+++@$ US P? L !3
E? N+++ K-
W+ M- !V po+(+++) Y+ t++@ 5- j R- G? tv+ b+++ !D B e++ u-(*) h+ f* r n+ y?

Child Child Child Child Child Child Child Child Child Child

Back to index