Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)

Article: 4930 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: preacher@netcom.com (Paul)
Subject: Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)
Sender: preacher@netcom19.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 02:18:15 GMT

In article <3r4lt8$d9u@ecom3.ecn.bgu.edu>
muwt@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu (Walter Thompson) uttered:

> In article <3ndig4$4qf@access5.digex.net>,
> Michael Lea <mikelea@access5.digex.net> wrote:

>>ObHack:  The lone 286 sitting on our network at work?
> and you call yourself a hacker?
>
> OBhack: The other day I was getting all the leaves out of my gutters and I

	At least his hack was computer related. There's a difference
between a hack and a handy-man tip. :)

	What say you, hack-heads? What kind of guidelines (if any)
should be imposed on ObHack? I haven't been around here for four or
five years, but back then a hack like this was flame-bait.

ObHack: I scored a 19' color monitor off an old X station, but it
is a sync on green beastie with BNC connectors. Upon regaining
consciousness after discovering the price of a D-15 to BNC video
cable, I went scrounging around and came up with an old SVGA
cable and BNC connectors I had stripped off a disobedient coax.
A few minutes with the manuals and a soldering iron- presto! I
save $60.
	The video card is for the next post. :)

--
Paul McGoldrick  17252 Hawthorne Blvd., #440, Torrance, CA  90504
preacher@netcom.com | CI$: 71254,254 | Nothing to excess, save excess.

Parent Parent gone Parent Parent

Back to index