Re: Minesweeper solver

Article: 7799 of alt.hackers
From: nriley@roadrunner.tiac.net (Nicholas Riley)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Minesweeper solver
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 10:22:07 -0400

In article <3oqm77$j2c@eccdb1.pms.ford.com>, cpierce1@cp500.pto.ford.com
(Clinton Pierce (R)) wrote:

>The cheat has been out for some time.  It's a "xyzzy" key
sequence (I'm not
>going to give it out COMPLETELY--this is alt.hackers) and a colored
dot will
>appear on the desktop at position (0,0) which indicates if the currently-
>pointed-to square is a mine.

This "xyzzy" thing has been popping up everywhere...I was reading
the ProTERM manual (for Mac), and on page 235, while it was talking about
the macro language:

Valid identifiers:

_xyzzy    i
x27key_0034
sample_01_15

ObLameWaterCoolerHack: One of the water coolers doesn't have anywhere for
the water to drain, so if somebody pushes the button to dispense water and
doesn't hold a cup underneath, it starts to accumulate on the floor, and
there is usually a large wet patch in front of the cooler, which has been
annoying me for quite some time.  There wasn't any convenient waste water
pipes nearby I could stick the output in once I created a drain for it,
but there was a pipe for the heating system a few feet away, and it didn't
contain water that was extremely hot...you get the idea.

<sabi
<72531.3633@compuserve.com>  <
> nriley@roadrunner.tiac.net < > eWorld: Sabinasata
<sabinasata@eworld.com>   <