Re: Minesweeper solver

Article: 7791 of alt.hackers
From: cpierce1@cp500.pto.ford.com (Clinton Pierce (R))
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Minesweeper solver
Date: 10 May 1995 15:30:47 GMT

<eeittn@eei.ericsson.se> wrote:
|> >There already exists a cheat program for minesweeper.
|> [snip]
|> >choice remained.  Was very good and could do all the
|> >levels down to about 2 or 3 remaining without guessing.
|>
|> I don't believe it.  I think it's safe to say that there is no way
|> to even start a minesweeper level without guessing.

The cheat has been out for some time.  It's a "xyzzy" key sequence
(I'm not
going to give it out COMPLETELY--this is alt.hackers) and a colored dot will
appear on the desktop at position (0,0) which indicates if the currently-
pointed-to square is a mine.

--
    Clinton A. Pierce       |    "If you rush a Miracle Man     |  \ / \ /

Parent Parent gone

Child Child

Back to index