Re: Headers - (Was Re: First time - this better work)

Article: 8861 of alt.hackers
From: adept@dax.cs.wisc.edu (Mark McCullough)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Headers - (Was Re: First time - this better work)
Date: 16 Oct 1995 22:03:07 GMT

In article <45tkg4$241@meaddata.meaddata.com>,
Andy Welch <andy.welch@lexis-nexis.com> wrote:
>ObReplytoObNewsHack:

Reformatted because I like short lines.  :)

>Wanna play headers...? Keep hearing talk about which newsreaders are
>easier to post with... Well I use tin for reading, but XVNEWS for
>posting. Mainly cos I HATE vi, which tin uses as it's text
>editor. (Yeah I'm NOT a UNIX guru... sorry, but I'm learning) Anyway,
>XVNEWS lets you do about anything to it's headers, pretty much without
>complaint, as far as I can see. Except the Path: one, everything is
>deisplayed for editting while you right your message.

Why not just use setenv EDITOR and setenv VISUAL?  Set those to your
favorite editor and they will be invoked instead of vi.  (VI is
usually compiled in as the default, but hopefully your sysadmin didn't
tell tin to override VISUAL).

Oh darn, now I need another Obhack:

Using HTML as my typesetting language to prepare my resume.

Okay, that's not good enough, I know, so another Obhack:

My old (about 8 years now) stereo box started emitting a recurring
white noise on all modes after I had it shipped.  Thinking that the
thing had to be junked (it was very annoying), I decided to take it
apart and try to learn a little.  Played with a few things before
opening it up with no effect, but then after taking it apart, it
worked fine.  It even worked when I put it back together.  :)
--
Mark McCullough        Real programmers don't document.  If it was hard
adept@cs.wisc.edu        to write, it should be hard to understand.

Parent Parent

Child

Back to index