Re: c00l hack

Article: 7579 of alt.hackers
From: hacker@ns.secis.com (Tommy Usher)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: c00l hack
Date: 2 Apr 1995 14:21:20 GMT

In article <3lkbb8$nih@news.csus.edu>, RadD00d <RadD00d@aol.com>
wrote:

>about a year ago, i was wardialing and found this bbs that didnt have a
>password on an account called sysop. i discovered the software they were
>running was one i had hacked before, so i borke out of the bbs into dos.
>i was able to install a virus on the hard drive of the machine that would
>low level format the drive as soon as it was rebooted.
>

>five days later i called back, and a guy answered the phone instead
>of a modem tone. i asked him if the bbs was up and he got kinda bent
>out of shape so i asked him if he had computer problems and i started to
>laugh and hung up. that was cool.
>

>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>RadD00d@aol.com   "Huh huh huh huh huh huh" - Beavis and Butthead
>I want to trade WAR3Z and K0D3Z and 3133+ secrets!  -*-  alt.2600
>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not bad, not bad at all.  A most excellent forgery, and a nice try at a good
April's Fool post.  Granted, not terribly original, but what it lacks there,
it more than makes up for in authenticity.  Any other day of the year, and
it would have definitely qualified as at least a troll.

I mean, it hits all the right buttons.  The misuse of the the term
"hacked,"
the obnoxious behavior, the use of the virus, the sadism.  Truly a minor
work of art.  Oh, one thing.  I believe the accepted quote from Beavis and
Butthead is "Heh heh heh heh heh heh."  Granted, my entire
experience with
those two has involved catching them on news shows after someone imitated
them.

Well, this one takes an early lead in the competition.

--
| Tommy Usher  No Frills Software | Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: |
| hacker@ns.secis.com             | There's always one more bug.             |

Parent

Child Child Child Child Child

Back to index