Re: //c hack

Article: 7612 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: ande0870@gold.tc.umn.edu (Greg "Torgo" Anderson)
Subject: Re: //c hack
Sender: news@news.cis.umn.edu (Usenet News Administration)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 1995 19:41:38 GMT

In article <3lv2ng$6gp@case.cyberspace.com>, wsantee@cyberspace.com (Wes
Santee) wrote:
[snip]
> Then there was the cheap attempts at creating password protected disks
> ala the HELLO program and a POKE 1024,68 (or whatever) that make
> CTRL-RESET reboot the machine.

   Ahh the memories.  I did that too, or something like it.  Putzing
around in DOS 3.3 (Apple DOS 3.3, that is), disabling the warm-boot keys,
and if you didn't type in the correct password, it would reformat the
disk.  Gotta keep all my top-secret, important data safe from prying
eyes.  Believe you me, I made sure I typed the password in correctly.
   And I liked that approval... call -151 was always much more impressive
looking.

   ObHack:  I guess I'll have to owe one (unless the DOS 3.3 fooling
around counts).  Too much school work, not enuf hacking.

   Greg

--
ande0870@gold.tc.umn.edu   GCS d@ H- S+: g-(+) p1 au+ a- w+ v-(+) C++
PGP 2.6 Public key         US?+>++ P+ L 3 E N++ K W--- M+>++ V-- -po+

Parent Parent Parent gone gone

Back to index