Re: //c hack

Article: 7603 of alt.hackers
From: wsantee@cyberspace.com (Wes Santee)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: //c hack
Date: 5 Apr 1995 14:40:00 -0700

Marco A Terry sez:
ande0870@gold.tc.umn.edu (Greg "Torgo" Anderson) writes:
>>took a look-see at the code, and decided we'd make it so that we could
>>start out with about $5,000, make it never rain, and always get a
lot of
>>business.
>
>ObSimilarHack:
>The apple II had a game called odyssey....Modified some variables
>(basic again) and I had all sorts of objects and crew
>members......kinda cool :-)

Uh oh...you're making me nostalgic!  I remember a game on the Apple ][
called "Wilderness Campaign" that I used to play *all* the time.  At
certain points it would ask things like "How many food rations do you
want to eat" and stuff like that, we learned that sticking negative
numbers *gave us* things that we were trying to use or sell.

The next hack was going through the source listing for "Telengard" by
Avalon Hill games and making sure it would roll an all 18 character
everytime.

Then there was the cheap attempts at creating password protected disks
ala the HELLO program and a POKE 1024,68 (or whatever) that make
CTRL-RESET reboot the machine.

Anybody remember who exactly the Beagle Bros. were?

ObWorkinOnHack:  Already stated but okay.  I'm working on a little
hack for an OS/2 system that will automatically close the "Are you
sure you want to close this session" dialog that comes up everytime
you try to close a full-screen or VIO text session.  Should be pretty
straight forward, but an awful kludge as it relies on the hard-coded
ID of the dialog stored within the OS itself.

Cheers,
--
( -Wes Santee              | I feel my body weakened by the years      )
( wsantee@cyberspace.com   | As people turn to gods of cruel design    )

Parent Parent gone gone

Child

Back to index