Re: alt.hackers.d ?

Article: 8470 of alt.hackers
From: crosby@cs.colorado.edu
Newsgroups: alt.hackers,alt.config
Subject: Re: alt.hackers.d ?
Date: 27 Aug 1995 21:29:22 GMT

In article <303603906wnr@forestbk.demon.co.uk>,
Alex McLean  <alex@forestbk.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I think the hacker community faces a few problems at the moment,
>which need to be discussed.  Although this obhack business is good
>fun and helps keep the spirit of hacker culture alive in it's own
>way, it does slow down any kind of active discussion, often the point
>of threads is lost when people start replying to the hack instead of
>the main message.
>
>I thought creating a new group called alt.hackers.d might be a good
>idea.  People wouldn't have to include hacks, and so could discuss
>other issues, like the future of hackers, unhindered.
>
>alt.hackers.d would have to be self-moderated, like this group, to
>keep the noise down.
>
>So what do you think?

An excellent idea!  I'm crossposting to alt.config to see what they think.
If they don't have any objections, I'll send out a newgroup.
Just one thing, we should be very firm that test messages belong in
alt.dev.null, NOT alt.hackers.d

ObHack:

Using a knife to cut the little tabs off IBM xterm simm slots so
we could use the simms we had.
(Typical @#$@$ IBM, making everything proprietary.  These simms
where even the same as used in RS6000's.  GRR)

Parent

Child

Back to index