alt.hackers.d ?

Article: 8468 of alt.hackers
From: Alex McLean <alex@forestbk.demon.co.uk>
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: alt.hackers.d ?
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 16:19:46 GMT

Hi,

I think the hacker community faces a few problems at the moment,
which need to be discussed.  Although this obhack business is good
fun and helps keep the spirit of hacker culture alive in it's own
way, it does slow down any kind of active discussion, often the point
of threads is lost when people start replying to the hack instead of
the main message.

I thought creating a new group called alt.hackers.d might be a good
idea.  People wouldn't have to include hacks, and so could discuss
other issues, like the future of hackers, unhindered.

alt.hackers.d would have to be self-moderated, like this group, to
keep the noise down.

So what do you think?

Obhack: Wrote some c code that read in a text file, constructed a
frequency table showing how often each letter came after each letter
then randomly generated words using the frequency table to determine
probabilities.

If you give it a german file, it comes up with german-like words.
Feed it it's own source code, and it comes out with crap,
unfortunately..  I was hoping it would write some new programs for
me :)

Alex

--
I think I have been brainwashed.