Re: test

Article: 7954 of alt.hackers
From: gpmelnyc@wsd.acs.ucalgary.ca (Geoffrey Paul Melnychuk)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: test
Date: 3 Jun 1995 09:12:15 GMT

Stephen.Michael.Trewick spake unto the masses, and said:

+ I've been into computers since I was about five, and have been
+ doing weird stuff with them ever since, thats what I regard as a
+ hacker, someone who is good at computing, in areas most people
+ get lost in, am I right ?

	Yeah, pretty much.  Oh, and there's an FAQ.

OB-First-post-pathetic-humor:

	Gee, I can't beleive that this is so easy...

OB-No-Hack-Too-Small:

	I bought a beater bike for commuting, and decided that it
needed fenders 'cause I couldn't be bothered to change pants once
I got to school.  Front fender goes on okay, whee.  Rear fender
just isn't going to happen, though, 'cause the bike has this
weird elevated-chainstay and unicrown seatstay design, and, worse
yet, a U-brake instead of canti's.  The fender won't even fit
between the tire and the brake arch!  So, I looked around, and
found a machine screw with a nice flat head, cut the mounting
stuff off the fender, drilled a hole in the fender for the screw,
measured the screw diameter and thread pitch, and then drilled
and tapped a hole in the bike's seatstay.  And Viola!

(Yes, 'viola' was an intentional misspelling.)
--
 Geoff Melnychuk -=-=-=- http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~geoffrey _-~-_-~-_-~-\
 |  gpmelnyc@acs.ucalgary.ca	 Volkswagen-driving, Beagle-dog-hugging,   |

Parent Parent