Re: test

Article: 7944 of alt.hackers
From: ca4str@isis (Stephen.Michael.Trewick)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: test
Date: 2 Jun 1995 14:28:31 GMT

Stephen.Michael.Trewick (ca4str@isis) wrote:

: I wondered if it could be that easy, it is isnt it ?

: Steve

Oops, forgot the ObHack, well here's one.

At uni, we have an intercom system in the accomadation building I live in

My flatmate Dave pulled ours off the wall one night when he was drunk, idiot!,
To fix it back on, I had to take the back off, to put a screw through the back
plate, and while I was in, I discovered that if you fed vurrent into the blue
wire, all the intercom milkes became live.  This means effectively that  :

A:  We can now eavesdrop on the flat downstairs
B:  By applying curent to various wires, buzz anyone in the building from
our flat, rather than the front door, where the buzz swithches are.

This is useful as we dont have free local calls in this country, and the only
hall payphone is down three flights of stairs, and behind several soundproof
doors which is lame.

I have'nt bee following this group for long, but I assume that the word hacker
is used here in its proper and original sense, ie NOT some mindless moron
who thinks thw SATAN software is rreeeeeel  coooool   maaan. trash some systems

I've been into computers since I was about five, and have been doing weird
stuff
with them ever since, thats what I regard as a hacker, someone who is good at
computing, in areas most people get lost in,  am I right ?

Steve.Trewick@Sunderland.ac.uk

Parent

Child

Back to index