Re: (17aug93) Welcome to alt.hackers - automated posting.

Article: 7401 of alt.hackers
From: tmcin11@pittxpa.legent.com (Terry McIntyre x1368)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers,alt.answers
Subject: Re: (17aug93) Welcome to alt.hackers - automated posting.
Date: 17 Feb 1995 19:13:31 GMT

ObHack:
	I was driving a Pontiac with manual transmission when the
cable connecting the stick with the rest of the tranny broke. I
was 50 miles from home, and praying that the mechanic didn't charge
something outlandish.

	Pontiac wanted an arm and a leg for the replacement cable,
and it would take two weeks to get there ( says the dealer, Oh,
they never break, so we don't stock them. )

	The mechanic welded the ends of a bungee cord in the right
places. Drove 40,000 miles with that cord; worked like a charm.

--
Terry McIntyre <terry.mcintyre@pittxpa.legent.com>

gone

Back to index