boy do we need the automoderation back (was Re: Hacking info etc... E-mailed to you for a small transfer fee.)

Article: 8918 of alt.hackers
From: physcje@phys.canterbury.ac.nz (C. J. Edsall)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: boy do we need the automoderation back (was Re: Hacking info
etc... E-mailed to you for a small transfer fee.)
Date: 22 Oct 1995 22:15:53 GMT

In article <461772$l80@mars.earthlink.net> infojunkie@pacificnet.net
(Infojunkie, Knowledge is my Addiction!) writes:

[a silly add with no obhack]

ObImaginaryRequestHack

The local student radio station has a request show ever Sat
night. Unfortunately it proceedes the metal show. There were four
requests in a row for NiN, Tool etc. I wanted to hear something
different like DubStar so I made up an imaginary request for it and
played it anyway. Of course this requires that you are the DJ, sort of
like root access :)

Now phreaking the line from the studio to the transmitter and replacing
the program with your own, that would be a hack.

Chris Edsall                    http://www.phys.canterbury.ac.nz/~physcje/
hang 00001010 - net.surf!
"For days thereafter Hari Seldon neglected his departmental duties to use
 his computer in its news gathering mode" - Asimov, Forward the Foundation

gone

Back to index