Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)

Article: 7619 of alt.hackers
From: buhr@stat.wisc.edu (Kevin Buhr)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Hacker FAQ (please comment and help fix)
Date: 07 Apr 1995 16:29:24 GMT

In article <3m2ure$k9k@homer.alpha.net> jachim@earth.execpc.com
(Matthew Jachimstal) writes:

| Kevin Buhr (buhr@stat.wisc.edu) wrote:
|
| : You and your two English-major friends were trolled.  And you
| : misspelled "your".  Hope this helps!
|
| : Kevin <buhr@stat.wisc.edu>
|
| Again, when nitpicking, make sure **you're** correct:
|   you're -> contraction of you are
|   your -> possesive pronoun, as in "your two English-major
friends"

Bzzzzt!  Thanks for playing.

I can't believe that my blatantly obvious troll caught *two* (not
one), but *two* people---you, and another by email.  Go back and look
at my original message headers, Hot Stuff.

And you misspelled, "Troll me!" in you're message.  Hope this
helps!

Kevin <buhr@stat.wisc.edu>

ObPublicServiceHack:

I pray to God that nobody else gets trolled here, because I'm running
out of good hacks.

I hacked together some scripts last weekend to cancel a few hundred
copies of the RAIN spam.  I figure most others grep a news spool on a
filesystem, but my "findrain" script "XHDR"ed all the
groups in the
active list, picked out the ones with an appropriate subject and
checked their headers in more detail, and spit out the Message-ID if
there was a match.  Perl is just so great...

A couple of other scripts generated the appropriate cancels and
actually POSTed them, since I don't have the luxury of piping things
through "inews" and "rnews".

Anyway, it worked, and I was happy.

Parent Parent

Back to index