Re: How do I begin a hacking career

Article: 8936 of alt.hackers
From: cs95rro@brunel.ac.uk (Arch-Wizard Ryan, The Dark Angel of Vengeance)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: How do I begin a hacking career
Date: 25 Oct 1995 12:45:01 -0000

Chris Clemson (clemson@emi.u-bordeaux.fr) wrote:
: Ow shucks, what a waste of a beeb.
Don't I know it!

: here's my 1st <tada> obhack (beeb related)

: ObHack:
: Around 2/3 years ago I dug out Rocket Raid, as I hadn't finished it, and I
: hate unfinished ones.
Classic game

: Anyway, I was getting back into the rythme of playing it, when I kept on
: getting stuck on the purple bit with all the tight corners.
: Eventually, I got good at it, but I kept on crashing into a fuel pod which
: you have to shoot to get past, but there are so many keys for the game
Let's see... left, right, up, down, bomb, fire... hmm....

: (well, more than I could handle), I decided to try out some lego building.
: I built a device with lego and a motor to hammer the return (fire) key.
: Sure enough, when I got to the tricky bit, I turned on the motor and got
: past it. I know it was cheating a bit, but I was getting annoyed, and you
: can't change the keyboard layout.
Nice idea.

: Hmm, might be usefull in other games.... never finished Exile.....
Another Classic game...

ObHack:
Cutting one of the tracks on a serial card to get an extra 2 serial ports
(COM5/COM6)
--
*   Ryan O'Connell <cs95rro@brunel.ac.uk>    *
*  http://http1.brunel.ac.uk:8080/~cs95rro/  *