Re: alt.hackers unmoderated?

Article: 8919 of alt.hackers
From: sciri@redbox.newhackcity.net (Digital Grindage)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: alt.hackers unmoderated?
Date: 23 Oct 1995 01:19:49 GMT

Jeff Mercer (riffer@freenet4.freenet.ufl.edu) wrote:

: On a VAX/VMS system, you can send a file to yourself with the SEND/FILE
: command. The file is sent via a BitNettish protocol and is stored on a

ObKindaTheSameHack:

The same holds true on some UNIX systems...something like this would
probably work if you kept all of your big stuff in ~/overflow...

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

foreach $line (showquota)
  {
    if($line =~ /Quota Exceeded/)
      {
        system "/bin/tar zcvf /home/sciri/backup.tgz
        /home/sciri/overflow/*";
        system "/bin/rm /home/sciri/overflow/*";
        system "/usr/bin/uuencode backup.tgz backup.tgz.uue | mail
        sciri";
        system "/bin/rm /home/sciri/backup.tgz
      }
  }

Lame to use system in a perlscript, but what the hell...<heh>

--
"Your information is mine for free.  But everything I can grab is secret
unless you  have something I want which can't  be free-loaded, stolen or

gone Parent

Back to index