ATL.2600 are steeling are ObHacks.

Article: 8913 of alt.hackers
From: riccraig@zenith.u-net.com (Richard Craig)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: ATL.2600 are steeling are ObHacks.
Date: 21 Oct 1995 09:26:58 GMT

That's right LOOK:
>In article <460g49$ffq@cougar.vut.edu.au> David Gerard wrote:
>>Date:	18 Oct 1995 00:55:05 +1000
>>From:	gerdw@cougar.vut.edu.au (David Gerard)
>>Newsgroups:	alt.2600,alt.silly-group.lampreys
>>Subject:	AOL password finding
>>
>>Found this on alt.hackers.
>>
>>:I had a sneeking suspicion that my sister's AOL password contained the
>>:string "trust", but I didn't know what the rest of it was.
So one day
>>:after she had been using AOL, but before she turned off the
computer, I
>>:peeked through RAM until I found the string "trust",
and lo and behold,
>>:it was followed by "no1" for a grand total of
"trustno1" (Mulder was
>>:pretty bad at password ideas, especially for an FBI agent :).	I tried
>>:logging into her account with the newly discovered password, and it
>>:worked <yay>.
<snip>
>whats your sisters screenname? hmm

They can't think of there own hacks so they nick them from us.
Thast SUX.

ObNotRealyAHackButANiftyBitOfWindowsSubClassing:
Yeh, I get realy anoyed when people post news message the says PLEASE
help me - Help ME!!!!!, or something of that discription. So i wrote a
BC++ program to subclass WMinVn's listbox so that i change d all the
enterys with "HELP" in it to "SAD NEWBI TYPE MESSAGE - DON'T
READ", I
first tried to delete them but it screwed up the WinVns indexing.
It's probably not realy a hack - but it was C00L (I thought). I know I
could make a SubClassing virous ro do that.

Zenith.// (it was a friend who told me aboiut it - I DON'T READ alt.2600
						   GOT THAT!

Child

Back to index