Re: "Hackers", the movie

Article: 8630 of alt.hackers
From: sciri@redbox.newhackcity.net (Digital Grindage)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: "Hackers", the movie
Date: 19 Sep 1995 20:05:56 GMT

John Nagle (nagle@netcom.com) wrote:

:       Just saw "Hackers", the movie.  It's about as close
to reality
: as "Ghostbusters".  Fun, but very, very light.

"Hackers" was one of the most entertaining movies I've seen
all summer.
Pure junk food for the brains of an MTV/Nintendo generation.  Although the
only accurate thing in the entire movie was, uhhh, Razor and Blade (I guess
those were their names) recording quarter tones off a payphone.

But ack, now I gotta come up with an ObHack:

We have a crappy SUN SPARC20 iNetra server here, and admintool is kind of
flakey.  No matter how many times I tried to add a user with the correct
home directory of /netra/home/username, it always tossed /home/username into
/etc/passwd.  Did a lame fix...ln -s /netra/home/username /home/username.

Anyone know why admintool would flake out and refuse to allow me to give it
a home directory?

--
"Your information is mine for free.  But everything I can grab is secret
unless you  have something I want which can't  be free-loaded, stolen or

Parent

Back to index