Re: Time to remove alt.hackers.malicious

Article: 8589 of alt.hackers
From: hacker@ns.secis.com (Tommy Usher)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Time to remove alt.hackers.malicious
Date: 17 Sep 1995 13:49:26 GMT

In article <43f9mu$fsg@fullfeed.msn.fullfeed.com>,
Greg Corey <gregc@msn.fullfeed.com> wrote:

>Okay folks, it's time to take BACK the good name of hackers everywhere.

Hear, hear!  Bravo....

>The newsgroup alt.hackers.malicious has been abandoned.  No new posts have
>been seen there for weeks and alt.2600, alt.cracks, and alt.crackers all
>exist to help out the putzes who believe they need to be a cracker.

Uh, just one problem....that group is still active.  It has been down a bit,
but it is still running about 10-20 messages a day here.  Granted, I tend to
flame the most obnoxious of the crowd....  I also do this in alt.2600, where
I have become something of a celebrity...not that I intended to.

Still, I hope you succeed.

OhHack:

My continuing efforts to redeem the name of hacking.  I am currently hoping
to get some help from Electrical Engineering Times.  They ran an article on
the "Hackers: The Movie" web page, and my message to the author
seems to
have sparked some interest.  Quite frankly, I believe the tide is turning
in our favor.  Write you local paper when they misuse the word hacker.  Call
the editor, and explain what it really means.  Send e-mail if they have an
online address.  Call or write the local TV stations.  Or send e-mail there.
Chances are, if they are a network affliate, they will have an address through
America Online, Prodigy, or Compuserve.

--
| Tommy Usher  No Frills Software | Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: |
| hacker@ns.secis.com             | There's always one more bug.             |

Parent

Back to index