Re: Keyboard case hack

Article: 8442 of alt.hackers
From: chiner@quark.gmi.edu (Chris Hiner)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Keyboard case hack
Date: 15 Aug 1995 02:12:48 GMT

Jeff Mercer (riffer@freenet2.freenet.ufl.edu) wrote:
<snip>
: For my next case hack, I'm going to take the computer case and use something
: entirely different on it (since it's painted metal rather than plastic). I
: was thinking about stripping off the paint and applying an antiquing kit of
: some sort to it, say antique copper... or maybe a marbling effect.
: ObButBeforeIDoThatHack: Figure out a way I can keep my computer covered and
: usable during the project... Hmmm...

Reminds me of a hack at my last job.... (not much of one....)

Obhack: My last job, I was constantly getting a different computer
to work with, as the old one got sold/scavenged for parts...
Well, one day, someone needed a computer case, and we didn't have
any spares around...  Except... mine  :)
So, I removed all the parts from the case, got out a spare power
supply, and proceeded to make a desktop computer...
(wooden desktop)  The difficult part, was stacking everything
so it wouldn't all fall down...
2 3.5" IDE drives, 1 SCSI drive, 1 5.25" floppy, 1 3.5" floppy,
1 colorado internal tape drive, 1 Nec 3XE cdrom...
boards: diamond viper VLB, sound blaster 16, arcnet (full length),
        10baseT board, SCSI adapter board, IDE/IO...
It was more of a deskful....

Chris Hiner
--
chiner@quark.gmi.edu