Don't ya just love kids

Article: 7888 of alt.hackers
From: xan@iinet.com.au
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Don't ya just love kids
Date: 26 May 1995 00:29:48 GMT

Howdy people,

Ok, so this too is a first post.. at least, the first in a few years.

I have this friend whose kid brother is hacker wannabe. Anyway, he's
asked me for any info/files/whatever I can throw at him from the net.
I'm thinking misiformation here, although that might be a little more
malicious than is warrented. The info (apparently) is for a school
assignment.

Info on what is available in blackboxes would be cool. Lets not get
into details here... My attitude is that if he wants it, he can learn
to build it!

post/email is cool.

ObLameHack:
Well, this post for one thing, but I don't think that counts.

ObHack:
I play bass. Was in a studio recently doing a bit of recording, and
we started notcing that the bass was supposdly out of tune with a really
heavily flanged guitar. It turns out that neither the bass nor the
guitar were out, but the beats from the flange made it SOUND that way.
The guitar track had been laid down that way, for some unknown reason,
straight onto the tape. So it couldn't come over "clean" for me
to hear.
We found the frequency of the guitar flange, and rigged that up to the
signal coming over the desk speakers, but not to the tape, or my cams.
It sounded ok when mixing, and just removed the bass flange
for the final cut.

tc&gb,
Phil.

Back to index