Re: Im a new lamer, testing

Article: 7880 of alt.hackers
From: twemling@infinet.com (Tom Wemlinger)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Im a new lamer, testing
Date: 25 May 1995 20:30:13 GMT

Pete Menning (adric@thelair.zynet.com) wrote:

: Obhack.  fixing a broken simm socket by rubberbanding the simm to the one
: next to it,  and using a peice of eraser to space it..

This, IMHO, is the *essence* of hacking.

ObIBMHardwareHack:

One of the users at work had an IBM 8512 monitor on which we needed
to adjust the height.  The swivel bases on the 8513's were perfect,
except that there were ridges molded into the housing of the 8512
which prevented us from attaching the 8513 base. I scored along the
bases of the ridges with a utility knife, then took a screwdriver
and HACKED the ridges off the housing.  The 8513 swivel base fit
perfectly.

Parent

Child

Back to index