Re: sendmail bug

Article: 7829 of alt.hackers
From: ba044@cq-pan.cqu.edu.au (Silvio Cesare)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: sendmail bug
Date: 17 May 1995 12:02:09 GMT

The Satch Miester (kearneyd@PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_DOMAIN_FILE) wrote:
: can someone please describe to me how the sendmail bug works???  I want to
: know what it actually does, so I can stop it.

you want to stop it? isnt that what the latest version is meant to do ;-)

umm.. have you looked in the cert advisories. i remeber reading briefly what
the hole was or rather, what section of code was at fault..

hmm.. obhack i spose.. hmm..

obcraphack: forgetting my cmos password on my pc.. so.. go into dos and
corrupt cmos using debug and then reboot straight in cmos.. (hmm.. then
changing the default parameters by memory.. err guessing, my memory isnt that
good)..

no hack too small? well, thats pushing it i spose..

--
Silvio

gone

Back to index