Re: Did I get in?

Article: 7812 of alt.hackers
From: nathanh@bin.anu.edu.au (Nathan Hand)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Did I get in?
Date: 12 May 1995 22:20:50 GMT
Cc: nathanh@bin

Steven M. Loranz (sloranz@xantham.res-hall.nwu.edu) wrote:
: On 12 May 1995, Jeremy Todd Dilatush wrote:
: >
: > A _real_ hack is when you don't have "cat" so you write
a script
: > (ObHack:)
: > #!/bin/sh
: > tee /dev/null

: Ouch!!!  Damn...I said I knew it was lame...I even put a question mark
: after the ObHack to stress that...but I couldn't think of anything
: recently that was a way to fix a problem.

: So what did you write the script with if you didn't use an editor and
: didn't have cat?

Ummm... I think he just told you...

    tee /dev/null > cat.sh

Oh great... now I gotta write a hack...

ObHack: One of the uni machines had a broken "3" key. Of course
all the other machines were taken, and I needed to put number 3
into about 50 different positions in a table. Grrrrr. So I just
found an old file with 3 already in it. 3 seconds later (ha) Id
cut and paste the text across and problem solved.

Yeah its lame, Im not wasting a good hack on 2 lines of post.

--
When I use a word it means just what I choose it +------------------
to mean - neither more nor less +----------------+ ... logic is only

Parent Parent Parent