Re: whackers

Article: 7707 of alt.hackers
From: ges6@po.cwru.edu (Greg Sachs)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: whackers
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 95 04:09:13 GMT

In article <3n9rqb$rri@remus.reed.edu>,
   pwilk@reed.edu (Philip A. Wilk) wrote:
>I can express my opinion also:
>
>Greg Sachs <ges6@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
>>hmm.  is it just me or do there seem to be a lot more of the 2600 crowd
>
>....??? Your point?  The "2600 crowd" is a good crowd. I
don't follow.
allow me to elaborate-the crackers are who i was referring to.
"this kid has a bbs, and i don't like it, so help me crash it."
Hell, I've got mroe respect for the phreakers than for those guys.
>>hainging out lately?  (not, of course, to mention the aollies on other
>>such
>                             oooo, such hackish jargon -^
Yeah, well shoot me.  aollers? aolites?  hmm-think of your best
term for the aol people.  Do they have a commander?
"I am B1FF, King of the AOL people!!!"
>>generally clueless types)  I want the old net back;-)
>            ok, gramps, if you're the old net; keep it.
I ain't gramps, I'm just complaining about the decreasing
s/n ratio I see all over, which, incidentally I am helping with.
Course, now I need a...
>>obhack:
>deleted: genius baling wire-muffler hack (often referred to as an MG
>muffler bracket).
it worked, so far;-)
Ok, here is the scenario.  at&t corporate network.  mixed pc's, macs,
sparcs and x-terms.  All the pc's needed chameleon installed, using the
gazillion copies we had bought.  So, I figured out how/where chameleon
stored its serial # and that it asks again if the # is corrupt.
Set my machine up as wfw server, cause I didn't feel like using novell.
(did i mention we were using appletalk, NFS, novell, and wfw?  fun)
go to target machine, set up netcard + wfw networking if not already done.
connect to my machine.  grab chameleon files, and make needed ini changes.
insert correct serial number.
installed and working perfectly.  Much better+faster than swapping 4 disks
too.
course, there was also SHERPA
greg

Parent Parent