Re: *Sigh* (Was Re: Proposal: alt.hackers.aol :))

Article: 7638 of alt.hackers
From: hacker@ns.secis.com (Tommy Usher)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: *Sigh* (Was Re: Proposal: alt.hackers.aol :))
Date: 10 Apr 1995 13:21:09 GMT

In article <3mad55$4jb@gort.oit.umass.edu>,
James Hines <jhines@titan.oit.umass.edu> wrote:
>Tommy Usher (hacker@ns.secis.com) wrote:
>   [A bunch of stuff with NO OBHack]
>
>  sigh, ya know, i don't know what you were babbling about or WHY you had
>to crosspost it to alt.hackers.. but nevertheless.. Ya know, it's been
>getting pretty bad lately.. lots of post with no ObHacks..

Well, let's see if I can set you straight.  The proposal was made to start
a group called alt.hackers.aol, which would have the same sort of
self-moderation that this group does.  The idea being, it would drive the poor
AOLers crazy, since they wouldn't be able to post there.  (Which, of course,
is not completely true.  There have been posts here from AOL, just not that
many.)  I cross-posted because I thought it had some interest for those here,
and I forgot an obhack because I was posting from another group, and added
this one almost as an afterthought.

OhHack:
Reprogramming a display model of an electronic sign at the local Sam's store
to advertise my consulting business.  Of course, I did this with no prior
knowledge of how to use it, or any sort of instructions.  Not that hard,
most of the work involved getting rid of the previous program.  I doubt it
will get me much business, but what the heck, I was bored.

--
| Tommy Usher  No Frills Software | Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: |
| hacker@ns.secis.com             | There's always one more bug.             |

Parent gone Parent

Back to index