Eric Hughes' Perl Remailer?

Article: 7626 of alt.hackers
From: grendel@netaxs.com (Michael Handler)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Eric Hughes' Perl Remailer?
Date: 8 Apr 1995 16:15:35 GMT

Eric Hughes wrote the first Cypherpunk remailer in Perl, and he said he
posted it to <alt.hackers> in two or three parts. Does anyone have a copy
of this? Or is there <gasp> an archive of <alt.hackers>
somewhere that
might have it?

Thanks.

ObProcmailHack: I once had ten minutes to keep a file hidden from someone
who had access to my home machine and my UNIX account. For reasons of
plot, there were no disks big enough to hold this file, and no time to
split and download it. But: at the time, I had registered a domain with
the InterNIC that forwarded everything to <*@domain> to my UNIX
account. I
was using procmail to sort the stuff that came in via the MX forwarding.
So, I uuencoded the file, and then I set up procmail like so: anything
that got sent to <loopback@domain> would be autobounced back to my
"real"
address, and anything that came into my "real" address with
the subject
"Loopback", would get autobounced to <loopback@domain>. So,
I mailed the
file to <loopback@domain> with Subject: Loopback. When procmail got the
message, and saw it was to: <loopback@domain> it bounced it to my real
address. When procmail got the message and saw it was to my real address,
but had "Loopback" in the subject, it bounced it bnack to
<loopback@domain>, ad infinitam.

I left it like that for two days, the file bouncing between my real
address, and the machine in Colorado that was doing the MX forwarding for
me, until my friend left.
--
Michael Handler <grendel@netaxs.com>                      Philadelphia,
PA