FTP and other ObHacks

Article: 7620 of alt.hackers
From: csferree@indy.net (Orestes)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: FTP and other ObHacks
Date: 8 Apr 1995 00:08:05 GMT

ObWhatLuckIHaveHack:

After getting an account for free on a friendly sysadmin's system, I
have been poking around in the Linux system for a month or two.  He's a
really generous guy, and has allowed me and a friend who also has an
account there great leeway and permission.  We've compiled lots of stuff,
including an IRC server, two IRC clients (a sort of test exercise), and
other miscellany.  Recently, we noticed he had anonymous FTP enabled, so
we debated amongst ourselves if we should request a directory (we're wary
of requesting too much... I'd be annoyed at our requests if I were him,
but he apparently likes to give :) to put some files.  Well, he agreed,
so for the past couple days I've been working on setting it up.  While
there aren't too many files there yet, it's got some original stuff, some
wacky text files from alt.irc joke-threads, and more.

I'm happy with how it's gone and I've learned a bit about how anonymous
FTP sites work, etc... Go ahead and log in if you want, it's mostly IRC
stuff right now -- the address is in my .sig and finger .plan.

Only problem is that it's a quad/IP address instead of an
easy-to-remember sequence, but after all the stuff he's given us, I'm not
going to complain. :)

--
C. Ferree    IRC: Orestes  :  NOW OPEN:
e-mail: csferree@indy.net  :  anon ftp: 148.141.9.10 /pub/Azriel