Re: a lamo hack

Article: 7540 of alt.hackers
From: wmoyes@cello.gina.calstate.edu (William A Moyes)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: a lamo hack
Date: 25 Mar 1995 20:47:15 -0800

rizzo@jerky.boys.com wrote:
: Lamo hack:  Needed to unlock my car door which had the keys inside, so I
: grabbed a coat hanger and jerked it down inside the window, and surely
enough,
: the thing unlocked.  It is easy as hell especially on slightly older American
: models.

	But before you try this you must know that on many new cars
doing this will DAMAGE the linkage in the door.  Car manufactures will
put the mechnism inside a plastic case, design the linkage to disengage
if moved wrong (making the door impossable to open, even with the key!),
and other assorted tricks.

	ObHack:  Learning to pick locks.

	ObFutureHack:  Learning to impression locks.

Parent

Back to index