Re: Fake Mail FAQ

Article: 7514 of alt.hackers
From: jwa@ecosys.nbs.nau.edu (James W. Abendschan)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: Fake Mail FAQ
Date: 12 Mar 1995 14:44:00 -0700

In article <rourke-0903951601510001@matrix.resnet.upenn.edu>,
Rourke McNamara <rourke@seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>I just through the following together. Anyone have any
suggestions/comments?
        ^^^^^^^

Yeah.. learn to spell, for one.

And secondly, why are you posting this up?  I'd hope that anyone
who calls themself a "hacker" would (a) already know how to do
this, or (b) be able to figure it out on his or her own.

But what do I know.

ObScannerHack: I recently borrowed a friend's USR dualie, and somewhat
by accident discovered it could decode touch-tones.  I quickly made
up a cheesy RJ11-to-earphone-jack cable, and wrote a program under linux to
log the tones (sans the "0" the modem puts between them as spacers)
and output the date & time received.  I can now plug my scanner in
and leave it alone, and come back with a file full of dialed numbers.
I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, though..

James

--
tell you something, it just ain't right                       James Abendschan
my head is on loose but my shoes are tight  -- Offspring           jwa@nau.edu

Parent

Back to index