Re: <ad> GUARANTEED CREDIT REPAIR BY LAW FIRM

Article: 7354 of alt.hackers
From: btomlin@crl.com (Bruce Tomlin)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Re: <ad> GUARANTEED CREDIT REPAIR BY LAW FIRM
Date: 12 Feb 1995 17:44:21 -0800

Tommy Usher (hacker@ns.secis.com) wrote in alt.hackers:
>>(I believe that counts as my ObHack for the day.)

>(I belive you are wrong.)

Okay, so I'm new and I was too caffiene-deprived at the time to think of any
of my better hacks.  How's this:

ObAccidentalHack:

Last night I was bored and decided to sort out this spammy mess of little
bits of crushed glass and beads that I dug up from the closet (I told you
I was bored).  Well, after a few iterations of picking beads out
individually and brushing bits of glass out of my hand into a junk pile, I
decided to sort them in a lid.  So I dumped them in and spread the mess
around with my fingers.  Then to my surpise, the beads automatically
rolled down to the edge of the box!  With that small amount of gravity,
the bits of glass (actually more like 2mm sand grains) would stay put, but
the round beads would roll off to the edge of the box.  I was able to sort
most of the beads this way and did so until I was even more bored.

Once I had them sorted in this box lid, I had to get them out
without mixing them.  The solution was to push them to opposite sides of
the box, put two trays underneath the piles, and tilt the box.

That wasn't very digital, but then there was the time I wrote an Infocom
interpreter for a 6809 machine just because I loved the 6809 instruction
set.  To test it, I played Zork I all the way through *before* I
implemented save/restore.  (There, that makes up for last time, too.  My
karma is now zero.)

gone gone Parent gone gone

Back to index