Lame Newbie

Article: 7892 of alt.hackers
From: Don't.forget.your.obhack@bbs.gigo.com (Don't forget your obhack)
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
Subject: Lame Newbie
Date: 27 May 95 10:36:55

test@cam.ac.uk wrote in a message to All:

 tc> Is it really this easy?

'Fraid so.

 tc> If so, what are the legalities of
 tc> doing this?

Highly illegal; you forgot your ObHack.  Haven't you been told to read the
newsgroup a bit before posting?  The FAQ that's posted bimonthly is pretty
clear about the rules here..

 tc> If my sysadmin find out, what can they do about it?

Anything they want, actually.  Probably send Guido over to break your legs
unless you promise to use an obhack next time.

Obhack: Wrote my own SMTPD daemon.  I'm tired of the piggish nature of sendmail
- especially when it's the IBM version of sendmail for os/2.
[IBM:  What the hell were you THINKING? when you lobotimized and buggerized
that sendmail 5.6?]   My SMTPD daemon, while not exactly tiny, only takes 50k
of memory.. an important fact, when you only have 20 megs of memory to play
with, and other tasks happening.

ObTrivialHack:  Wrote my own finger daemon at the same time.  What the hell,
the code was there for tcp/ip server stuff alyready..
--
: Fidonet:  Don't forget your obhack 1:203/7707  .. speaking for only myself.
: Internet: Don't.forget.your.obhack@bbs.gigo.com

Parent

Back to index