Strange posting problem.

Article: 7661 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: graham@mathcs.rhodes.edu
Subject: Strange posting problem.
Date: 07 Apr 1995 21:38:15 GMT

Well, I understand I finally did get on here.  Still haven't figured
out any other way, and my current way leaves me a problem.  I never
see my posts.  Any hints?  Anybody got a guess for why I can post but
never see my own posts?

ObHack:
Well, not much of one now (I'm still not much of a hacker, Unforch),
but how about this.  While at a customer site, I hosed the system
login script on their Novell (novel??  :-) network.  Seems anyone
could login who didn't have supervisor rights, but without supervisor
rights, I couldn't fix the login script problem (I knew what I did
wrong, but I couldn't fix it).  Well, I finally figured out how to get
in, get the login script to execute, but skip the one thing causing
all the trouble.  Actually went in as supervisor.  May have been a way
to get in as a user, get switched over, and fix it.  But I don't know
how.

Randy

Back to index