Re: A few requests (and, of course, ObHacks)

Article: 7390 of alt.hackers
Newsgroups: alt.hackers
From: comchem@ocisgi7.unizh.ch (Serge Pachkovsky)
Subject: Re: A few requests (and, of course, ObHacks)
Sender: newsadm@rzu-news.unizh.ch (CNEWS ADMINISTRATION)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 1995 09:24:18 GMT

Paul Smith (wz40ft@elec.mid.gmeds.com) wrote:

: Question #2:

: Anyone know how to redirect output to stderr in csh?  I know for sh you just
: tack "1>&2" on the end of a line, but i've not found an
equivalent for csh.

If you have SystemV.4, you can always add "> /dev/fd/2" at the
end of the line...

ObHack:

Hanging my X-mas tree on a few threads on the wall - it was actually a large
lower branch which wouldn't stand upright otherwise. It had an added advantage
of been absolutely flat, thus taking zero floor space :-)

Cheese,

/Serge.P

--

Russian guy from the Zurich university...

gone

Child

Back to index